fourth quarter is just a couple weeks away. Planning for 2010 will begin
to take place in earnest. Companies will re-evaluate their PR agencies or
will start the process of forming new PR relationships.
you are a PR manager, what should you expect from your PR agency? If you
are part of an agency, are you delivering what your clients need?
A few years ago, we wrote down our own best practices and
shared them with our clients. We thought they were worth repeating.
The 10 Habits of a Highly Effective PR Agency
- Has a solid understanding of the client’s
marketing goals, audiences and industry.
- Develops a communications plan that supports the
client’s marketing goals and differentiates the client from its competitors.
- Offers strategic, experienced guidance that is in
the best interest of the client.
- Commits a solid team with senior level involvement…daily.
- Is proactive in its work and counsel to the client
by keeping current with the industry and the client’s changing needs.
- Puts in place strong management controls to ensure
the integrity of the client’s budget.
- Develops strong measurement metrics to prove the
value of the client’s investment and to continually improve the program by
learning which tactics deliver the best ROI.
- Provides consistent verbal and written reports,
including regular client status meetings and written results reports.
- Positions itself as a strategic partner and an
extension of the client’s staff.
a network of affiliated partnerships to provide trusted services based on