Have you thought about writing a blog but don’t know how to get started? Here are a few tips that will make your writing easy and your blog more interesting to read.
- Be original. People are interested in reading a new slant on today’s news, or unique ways to tackle old problems. Know your audience and write about what is of interest to them.
- Use active language. Write your blog and then rewrite it to include language that paints a picture or tells the story in a unique way. Relate a joke, use a theme or keep readers interested by using a play on words.
- Include lists and keep it short. Blog posts that include a list or “steps” are among the most widely-read. Also, remember that most people have limited time and short attention spans, so keep blog posts concise or break up complex topics into multiple posts.
- Include links. Adding outbound links in your blog increases the chance that your blog will be read by a wider audience and will attract more comments.
- Use tags and keywords. Pepper your blog posts with the key words that drive traffic to your website. For more on this, read our blog post.