As a B2B public relations firm, we constantly preach about the need to tie public relations to sales, and we’ve written extensively about how to do this. In our view, the best thing we can achieve for our clients is to entice a prospect to ask for more information and then enter the sales funnel.
That’s why we love QR codes, those barcode-looking squares that are popping up everywhere.
QR codes (aka Quick Response codes) give prospects immediate access to information via a smartphone, allowing companies to capture customer interest at its peak.
Once a QR code is scanned by a prospect, there’s no limit to what you can share. Here are a few ideas:
- Unique landing pages with information and additional links or multimedia content.
- A sign up form for an e-newsletter or opt-in email.
- A video that gives more detail about a product or service, or provides a demonstration.
- An eBook, white paper or brochure.
- Your Twitter page or Facebook wall.
Finally, don’t forget to include a call to action so you can build engagement beyond the QR code effort.
Let us know your ideas for using QR codes.