No one likes surprises, especially when their job is on the line. So it’s surprising how many PR agencies go into a new business pitch and fail to explain who will actually be doing the work on the new account.
This classic bait-and-switch happens frequently when the agency VP or president is highly engaged during the pitch phase and then contributes very little in the running of the account.
In today’s business world, hiring experienced people is even more important. Here’s a few instances in which experience counts:
- In message development.
- In social media posts and interactions.
- When talking with your customers.
- When representing your company with reporters.
- During strategy sessions.
- When measuring what’s important.
More thoughts about How to select an agency.