One of the best things about public relations is the ability to reuse articles that have been written about your company and bylines that you’ve contributed to publications.
Here are a few ways to get more mileage from your media coverage:
- Socialize articles by posting them on your Facebook page, Tweeting them and promoting them on LinkedIn.
- Feature articles on your website. A good business website has a special tab for news coverage where people can quickly see articles written about you and your firm.
- Write a blog about it. You may only need a quick couple of lines to introduce the subject, then you can link to the article in the blog. This also is another opportunity to Tweet your blog.
- Include the article in your newsletter. If you send a newsletter to prospects and customers, include a link to recent articles. People feel good about doing business with someone who has been featured positively in the media.
- Offer byline articles that have already appeared in publications to industry association newsletters. Make sure to provide the association with copyright information.