Do tough times call for tough measures when it comes to marketing communications?
Smart marketers know that keeping a high profile during an economic slowdown will benefit their organization in the short-term with increased sales, and will deliver big returns when the economy turns around.
Here are some tips to get the most for your marcom investment:
- Use tactics that are measureable and provide the greatest ROI. For example, PR can be very cost-effective to implement compared to the high cost of advertising, direct mail and other major initiatives.
- Select strategies with high credibility. Let customers tell your story. Third party endorsements, such as articles and case studies, can be promoted on your web site and handed out to prospects.
- Focus on customer benefits. This is a great time to do a messaging check-up to ensure you’re conveying the benefits of buying your organization’s product or service. These benefits must meet the customer’s needs.
- Optimize your efforts. Case studies or speeches can be turned into articles for magazines or newsletters; positive articles can be handed out as sales collateral, etc.
- Try a new low-cost program that will deliver a quick return. Create a customer referral program, secure speaking engagements at industry events, develop an online newsletter for customers, etc.