If you’re not already using video as part of your content marketing and communications strategy, there’s good evidence that you should.
HubSpot has a lot of very compelling statistics about the power of video marketing. To name a few:
- 54% of consumers prefer videos compared to other marketing tactics.
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 90% of prospects report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
Since vision is our primary input source when in front screens, it makes sense that video acts as a strong engagement tool. What’s more, since people watch, re-watch and share videos, video extends the time prospects stay on your website and even improves search engine rankings.
For marketers, video delivers a plethora of benefits:
- Video helps tell a complex story. From philanthropy to physics, video can simplify a complex message. To do this effectively, use “building block” images and bring the viewer along as you expand on knotty ideas.
- Video builds trust. Video can create a personality for your brand, enabling you to engage the heart as well as the mind of your audience. As the late poet Maya Angelou said, “At the end of the day people won’t remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel.”
- Video is enticing. In a HubSpot survey, 59% of company decision makers said they would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
- Video is shareable. A video link can be included in an email or sent via a social network. An interesting video will be shared with others, extending the reach of your message.
Improved recording and simple editing technology makes it easy to create videos that tell your story or demonstrate your product’s features, so there’s really no excuse not to use video.
How do you use video in your marketing efforts?